Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 4: Lose This Life

Read Mathew 10-11
“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.” -Matthew 10:37-39
When you look across the bible there are a lot of stories and verses that we overlook and sometimes even forget. When I was studying this verse, it helped me remind myself why we are here. This is a great reminder that we should never fear man, but fear God. We all go through life trying to impress people, families, or peers in our schools or workplaces. We sometimes love those things more then we care about what God wants from us. As it says in this passage, when you love something more then God, Jesus says that person is not worthy for him. Being a disciple of Christ means you are forgetting what you want and you take on your cross. We must have an understanding that God is our life, when we lose our lives to Christ is when we ultimately find our lives. Lets not let our fear control our choices on following Christ, but lets look towards the cross that Jesus hung on to find our answers and the example of true love. 

- Abey Mathew

No comments :

Post a Comment